Tuesday, October 21, 2014

10-22

Last week in class, I was very pleased with the help and encouragement I received about my proposed project. As I continue working, I found this week’s first link to read relatable. I found this article, “Essays on History and New Media” by Sheila A. Brennan and T. Mills Kelly very relatable because like them, I am creating a digital history site.
Yes, I know their project was on a much larger and different scale, but I found myself seeing pieces of my project in theirs. Like them, I want my website to be interactive. Their website had thousands of photos. While I may certainly not have thousands of photos, I will base the majority of my project, web “layout” in photos.  I was really intrigued by the fact that their project website allowed people to instantly become a part of digital history. I wonder if there is any room for this in my project, or if it is even possible?
Also like them, I have the goal of making my website as confusion free and user friendly as possible. What I mean by that is, one of my goals (like theirs) is to have a project that is easily accessible to anyone and everyone as well as easy for all to navigate and use.
Some more questions that come to mind are about audience usage.
1.     1. How do I make a sight that is interactive enough to keep readers, viewers, visitors and the like coming back over time?
2.     2. What is my target audience?

3.    3.  How do I attract others to visit my site? How do I entice them to then interact with my site?

No comments:

Post a Comment